Questions And Answers
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- A referral from your General Practitioner or referring Specialist. Without this you will NOT be able to claim from Medicare
- If you have copies of results pertaining to your appointment please bring these.
- A list of all medications that you are currently taking
- If you have had previous surgery relating to your current condition please contact that surgeon and obtain a copy of the operation report.
- Please bring along health fund and Medicare card details.
How Long will my appointment take?
Your first appointment with Dr Jordaan will take 40 minutes.
Review appointments are 20 minutes in length.
Will I be expected to pay for my consultation on the day?
Yes, The cost of the first consultation is $230 and Medicare will rebate approx $75.50.
Review appointments are $120 of which Medicare rebate approx $37.70.
If you have registered your bank details with Medicare we will be able to process your claim for you at the time of your appointment.
Do I need to have private health insurance?
It is not essential to have private health insurance however if surgery is required its important to note that Dr Jordaan only operates at Private Hospitals. The cost of surgery as an uninsured patient can be quite high.
What should I expect during first visit?
During your initial visit, Dr Jordaan will take your medical history and assess and relative results that have been brought to your appointment. He will ask you a range of questions and then determine the appropriate course of action.
If surgery is advised you will be required to have an appointment with our nurse educator so that the procedure can be explained in detail. Our nurse will be able to answer any questions you have as well as complete the appropriate hospital admission paper work.
Will my GP be notified of my consultation?
Following your appointment Dr Jordaan will send a report to your referring doctor.
If you would like a copy of the report to be sent to other doctors who care for you please notify Dr Jordaan at your appointment.